If you're new to the blog please click on the following link to read about Jaylan Khristian's backstory.

http://jaylankhristian-ourblessing.blogspot.com/2011/07/our-backstory-of-jaylan-khristian.html







Tuesday, November 8, 2011

But the greatest of these is love...Love sets us free!

I saw a beautiful baby girl today that was probably the same age that Jay would have been.  She was laughing and waving her arms and kicking her feet.  There was such joy in her eyes and I long to have that for Jay.  I just miss her so.  As crazy as it sounds there is  actually a comfort deep down inside that Jay lived the planned amount of time that she was destined to live.  There were never any plans for her to have a first day of school, to go to her senior prom or to walk down the aisle marrying the man of her dreams.  It was never in her plans to live beyond her 13 weeks and 2 days.  There's a comfort deep down inside of me that my child wasn't robbed of her childhood or even her life.  She lived a full life for a 13 week old.  What a blessing for me to know.  When I think about all of the visitors and all the prayers and all of those that showed up to her Celebration of Life, my heart though still void is yet full.  It's full because the love was felt.  I couldn't have asked for more love for her.  Love sets us free.  All of the love that surrounded Jay aka "my angel in disguise" set her free.  Because we loved her so much we set her free again the moment we asked God to receive her spirit.  My baby angel is flying free with a huge smile on her face, if only I could see the joy in her eyes.  Priceless.  I miss her so much that it hurts but I'm comforted enough by knowing that she lived a full life liberated by love.    "And now these three remain, faith, hope and love but the greatest of these is love."  1 Corinthians 13:13.  God is love, God is good.

1 comment: