If you're new to the blog please click on the following link to read about Jaylan Khristian's backstory.

http://jaylankhristian-ourblessing.blogspot.com/2011/07/our-backstory-of-jaylan-khristian.html







Saturday, November 24, 2012

Welcome to this world Miss Lakyn Khristian! God is Good!

Baby Girl Lakyn Khristian made her arrival last Sunday morning at 1:49 am.  Two weeks early just as I thought she'd be.  My water broke around 8:00 Saturday night right in the middle of dinner.  Saturday had been such a calm and peaceful day I had even taken 2 naps out of boredom.  It was the calm before the storm :).  Everything went pretty fast and thankfully my fav Dr J was on call.  It doesn't get any better than that.  Shortly after I received my epidural (since I'm a baby to pain) I hit a 10 in dilation.  Dr. J who was just getting in the bed was called at 1:30 am and 19 minutes later, this beautiful child was born. She's just perfect.  It all still seams so unreal that she's here now.  She weighed 7 lbs 1 oz and was 18.5 inches long.


She favors Jay in so many ways and when she looks into my eyes it's as if she sees my soul.  It's almost as if she's been here before. She's so amazing we catch ourselves staring at her.  I also catch her smiling ALL the time.  The other day she was staring at me and I winked at her, a huge grin spread across her face.  I try to be ready with my camera to catch her in action.  Most of the time when she starts smiling she's looking up.  I've asked her several times if she's having conversations with the Lord.  So far everything has been the opposite of Jay.  It's as if Jay is back in the most healthy and happiest form ever.  I catch myself watching her sleep just to make sure her chest is moving.  Michael notices it and will say "She's breathing, don't worry".  I'm so used to making sure Jay was breathing that I have to get used to Lay being a healthy breather.  Friday she had her first check up since leaving the hospital and they felt that she was a little jaundice so we had to go over to the hospital to get a blood draw.  Thankfully everything came back fine she just wasn't having enough bowel movements. I realize that I've had to take the long way around with this journey and as I stare down into her big brown eyes I know beyond any doubt that God is paying me double for my trouble.  I just can't stop thanking Him for being so good!  She is such a good baby.  I love to hear her cry.  Jay's cry was so faint that to hear Lay cry is priceless to me.  It's moments like these that I'll treasure forever.  Raghan is in love with her and of course is a huge help, I almost hate for her to go back to school.  I think I need her here :).  Bray is excited in his own way.  Mostly he doesn't like to hear her cry, not that it gets on his nerves, he just thinks something is wrong and it scares him.

God is so awesome.  I'm so excited to see this child grow up.  I'm so blessed to be her mama. I just pray that I'll be the best mama that I can possibly be.  It's raining!  Beauty for Ashes! God is Good!
Raghan and Lakyn

Braylan and Lakyn

 

Daddy and Lakyn
 
On the way home from the hospital
 

Sleeping peacefully
Sleeping peacefully again


Happy Thanksgiving!
First doctor's appointment
 

ALL SMILES



1 comment:

  1. She's absolutely gorgeous Tyisha!! Congratulations again! So happy for you and your family... God Bless!

    ReplyDelete