If you're new to the blog please click on the following link to read about Jaylan Khristian's backstory.

http://jaylankhristian-ourblessing.blogspot.com/2011/07/our-backstory-of-jaylan-khristian.html







Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Sweet Baby Jay...Perfect Timing...

Happy Birthday to my sweet Baby Jay!  Can't believe it's already been a year.  Oh the things that she would be doing...  We have a few things planned to celebrate this wonderful day.  Yesterday we had our big anatomical ultrasound at UAMS.  I didn't even realize until a few weeks ago that this big appointment was scheduled the day before Jay's birthday.   They looked at every possible thing with Baby Lay that they could see.  We even saw her lips and palate.  No structural damage anywhere.  We saw all four chambers of the heart which was bittersweet.  All I could think of was the cardiac doctor telling me that Jay's heart wasn't normal and was too fatty (loosey goosey, his exact words) but here I was yesterday seeing that Lay's heart was beautiful and healthy.  At one point the tech said, "She's bouncing up and down because she's lying on your aorta."  This child was bouncing from my heartbeat :).  I've never been told that before.  What a message.  I feel that God was telling me that Jesus has come to bind the brokenhearted.  (Isaiah 61)  Here this sweet baby girl was lying close to my heart to remind me that He's still holding my heart especially during the time that I need Him most.  Huge messages can come in the smallest packages.  Don't overlook the small things.  I don't think I can even describe the relief we felt leaving the high risk clinic for the last time.  Chipper Kate asked if we wanted to do an amnio this time but I told her that we had plenty of faith that Baby Lay was going to be a healthy baby.   No more visits.  No more Chipper Kate :).  On the way out she showed us a bulletin board with lots of baby pictures posted.  There Jay was right in the middle.  We told her goodbye for the last time and all of those workers in the clinic seemed to have the same relief we had.  It's amazing to see His plans continue to unfold.  He leaves me in awe.  He is such a faithful God.  1 Corinthians 1:9.  Beauty for Ashes.  God is still good.

Bye Bye High Risk Clinic!

1 comment:

  1. Tiysha, you are glowing and radiant. Your faith continues to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete