If you're new to the blog please click on the following link to read about Jaylan Khristian's backstory.

http://jaylankhristian-ourblessing.blogspot.com/2011/07/our-backstory-of-jaylan-khristian.html







Thursday, July 7, 2011

"I'm a survivor"

Jaylan is still fist pumping along.  Two and a half days and going strong! She had a great night and maintained consistent temp, heart rate and respiratory.  She ate 4 times last night and peed and pooped several times.  The jaundice they noticed yesterday has slowly began leaving.  God is good.  I'm thankful that she's doing well and not struggling.  The nursery nurses were just talking about how amazed they were because she's such a fighter and keeps doing better and better.  One of her nurses said that this is her third trisomy baby that she's taken care of and the other two had nothing on my Jay.  I know without a doubt in my heart it's the prayer.  The power of prayer can blow you away.  I just don't know how anyone can go through life not being covered by the blood of Jesus it just gives me chills.  My prayer is that God blesses my attitude to continue to embrace whatever time we have with her and only He knows.  Romans 8:28 tells us that all things work together for good for those that love God, for those who are called according to His purpose.  I'm excited to see what God has in store. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment